Health comes from an equal focus on all aspects of wellness including body, mind and spirit. Here are some great ways to ensure that you always feel your best. This article provides you amazing 10 healthy habits for better lifestyle.
Simple choices can go a long way to help boost you physical and mental well-being and increase your immune system, brain power and energy of mind.
Here are 10 Healthy Habits for Better Lifestyle: Watch these below:
Top 10 Healthy Habits for Better Lifestyle:
1. Drink More Water:
Most of us do not drink enough water for optimum health. Drinking water will boast your health in many ways: improving digestion, avoiding constipation and controlling metabolism, blood pressure and weight. By drinking more water you can also replace beverages that are not good for your health, such as soft drinks and alcohol. High-sugar, high-kilojoule drinks make it harder to lose weight and contribute very little in the way of nutrition. Carbonated drinks are also thought to trigger bloating and gas. to replace lost fluid, a helpful daily guide is to consume 30 milliliters of water for every kilogram of body weight. For example, a 70 kilogram person would need to drink 2100 milliliters of water a day, which is a little more than two liters.
2. Have Laugh:
Laughter provides a wide range of health benefits that are the complete opposite of stress. Physically, it increases the level of oxygen in your blood, boosts your immune system, releases catecholamines which have an anti-inflammatory properties and promotes a rush of endorphins that act as natural pain killers. Mentally, laughter elevates mood, builds resilience, boosts your ability to cope with stress and improves your interpersonal relationships when you share a laugh with others.
3. Eat More Plants Foods:
Switching to plant-based diet can add a number of benefits to your health. Plant foods provide a rich source of fiber, vitamins and minerals that help with weight management, digestive function and cardiovascular health. Fruits, mixed vegetables nutrition and fresh herbs are specially rich in anti-oxidants – nutrients that fight cell damage in the body and may even help to prevent the development of lifestyle cancer.
Try the following suggestions to increase your consumption of plant-based foods:
- Get your protein intake from plant sources. Foods such as nuts, seeds, legumes and tofu are high in protein and are good alternatives to animal proteins.
- Include plenty of vegetables in your diet to fill in the gap left by cutting back on meat. This also boosts your consumption of fiber and antioxidants.
4. Sit Less:
People who sit more than six hours a day face a higher risk of obesity and cardiovascular diseases. Time spent in sitting is also linked with other unhealthy behaviors, such as excessive use of caffeine and increased the consumption of junk foods.
While regular exercise is still important, look for additional ways to spend less time in seat, such as:
- Stand while talking on the phone.
- Walk over to the office of a colleague instead of emailing.
- Go for a short walk during your lunch break.
- Use the stairs. Don’t use an elevator or escalator.
5. Get Enough Sleep:
Getting enough sleep is vital for your wellbeing. Sleep gives your body time for physical and spiritual rejuvenation. It is often underestimated for its role in good health and longevity. It can prevent a variety of ailments, such as obesity, cardiovascular diseases and mental health problems.
Adopting good sleep habits gives you the best possible chance of having sleep that refreshes and energizes you.
Some important suggestions of better sleep include:
- Establish a routine by gong to bed and getting up at the same time (specially early morning) every day. Try to avoid long sleep-ins on the weekend.
- Have a pre-sleep ritual, such as dimming the lights, having a bath or shower, reading or listening to quite music. Deep breathing can also help to wind you down.
- Make sure your room is quite, dark and cool.
- Spend some of the early daylight hours in the sunshine, which can help to synchronise your body clock.
6. Have Spiritual Faith:
People of faith often score better on measures of wellness and overall health, including longevity and cardiovascular benefits. Spirituality also has a positive effect on the mental health because of its focus on love, hope, generosity and trust. Spirituality helps to prevent stress-related illness. Religion gives you a value system to live by. It also provides a social network that allows you to spend time with people who live by your values and beliefs. The sense of gratitude associated with religion and ability to live in harmony with what you believe also leads to greater happiness in life.
7. Make Time Relaxation:
Relaxation gives you break from life’s stresses. You have a choice: rest quietly or engage in some pleasant recreation. Relaxation is not sleep. Genuine relaxation allows your body to release tension and leads to physical and emotional changes that are the opposite of the stress response. Relaxation can strengthen your physical and emotional reserves, helping you to cope with future stress.
Following is a list of suggestions that can help you to relax:
- For a few minutes in each day, turn off the phone, breathe deeply and give yourself a few moments of silence.
- Immerse yourself in a warm bath or spa to help loosen tense muscles.
- Go for a light massage, which will help to improve circulation.
8. Listen to Music:
You can influence the state of your mood through music, which can help you to relax, motivate or uplift you, depending on the setting and your choice of tunes. Studies have shown that listening to and playing music can lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol. Research published in the British Journal of Psychiatry found that music is a helpful treatment for depression.
Here is how to use music to help set the tone for your life:
- Use music with an uplifting tempo to elevate your mood, foster a positive outlook and even improve how your perform during exercise.
- Use slow tunes or even classical music to help you unwind and destress.
- Create a number of different playlists on your smart phone or iPod. Be sure ,to keep the volume down when exercising on or near a road for safety reasons.
9. Spend Time Close to Nature:
Spend time outdoors. Spending leisure time outdoors and connecting with nature or nature health farms provides a range of health benefits that are both physical and mental. The exposure to natural daylight, fresh air and pleasant surroundings has a calming effect, helping to relieve stress. It will add variety and motivation to your exercise routine.
Here are some suggestions to spend and enjoy nature:
- The natural environment includes different types of green spaces to walk, stretch to relax.
- Spend time frequently close to nature in the form of seaside, forests, parks, hills for the nourishment of body and soul.
- Enjoy the outdoor activities like hiking, running, cycling, water sports and incorporate them into your lifestyle.
10. Maintain Healthy Eating Habits:
If you are looking for positive healthy life, then adopt healthy eating habits. The healthy eating habits not only lead you towards a nourishing life and balanced lifestyle but also improve your mind’s health. It is recommended to start your day with a nutritious breakfast, stay hydrated, and opt for balanced meals, mindful eating, healthy snacks, portion control and manage to maintain regularity of taking meals. Sticking on these essential healthy habits will lead towards improved overall well-being.
So there you have it. 10 healthy habits for better lifestyle and ultimate wellness. If you find it difficult to implement all 10 healthy habits for better life style at the same time, incorporate them one by one to boost your well-being.
You May Like To Read More:
- 9 Ways to Boost Nutrition in Cooking
- 10 Most Common Eye Diseases and Prevention
- 10 Best Anti-aging Foods You Must Know