Knowing how embarrassing it can be to walk around with heavy hips, we have decoded a couple of exercises that can come in handy, if you are trying to lose weight from your hips. Many people discover that focusing on particular areas, such as the hips and thighs, can be difficult while trying to lose weight. But you can lose weight from this part of your body with the 6 best exercises to help you reduce weight from your hips and thighs. Start with these staple exercises that will help you tame the cellulite around your hips. In this article you will focus on 6 best exercises to lose weight from hips and thighs.
Here are the 6 Best Exercises to Lose Weight from Hips and Thighs:
Squats are a great workout to lose weight from hips and thighs. It not only burns the calorie but also helps in shaping and toning the part of hips and thighs. Here are steps to do the squats:
How to Perform Squats:
- Stand straight, and keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keeping your back straight, bend your knees slowly. Gradually lower your body by pushing your hips back. As you go lower, stretch your hands straight in front of you.
- Keep the weight steady on your feet and upper thighs, and not on your knees. It is like pretending to sit on an imaginary chair.
- Try to maintain this position for 8-10 breaths.
- Then slowly come back to the original standing position.
To increase the difficulty level, try putting your body weight on your toes and squat. You can also use dumbbells and place your arms parallel to the ground or use a weight plate and hold it with both hands, and keep your arms parallel to the floor. You will feel the gluteal (three muscles which make up the buttocks) being exercised and pushed to the limits.
2. Standing Side Kick:
To target the inner thighs to lose weight, standing side kick exercise is one of the best exercises. They help in toning and shaping your thigs. Here are steps to perform standing side kick exercise:
How to Perform Standing Side Kick:
- First make sure that there is a wall or a strong chair by your side before you do this one.
- Now, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hands on your waist.
- Slowly raise your right leg to the side at hip height till it is parallel to the floor.
- Hold your leg for 3 counts and bring it back to the original position.
- Repeat with left leg.
- Do it at least 15-20 times in 4 sets.
This is a great Kick-boxing pose that all ladies must add to their fitness regime. If you are not used to strenuous exercises or are not flexible enough then for starters use a chair or a wall for the support as you lift leg. Afterwards, get rid of the support for better results.
3 Hip Raise:
The hip raise exercise is a yoga-based exercise that strengthens the hips, thighs and lower back while also improving flexibility. Here are steps to perform hip raise exercise:
How to Perform Hip Raise Exercise:
- Lie down flat on your back with your knees slightly bent and your hands by your side.
- Keep your feet firmly on the floor, lift your hips a little. Keep your body weight balanced on your hands and feet.
- Now slowly raise your left leg in front and keep the toe pointing towards the ceiling.
- Hold this position for five seconds and bring it back to the original position.
- Repeat with right leg. This completes one rep.
- Do 10 reps in each set, begin with two sets and then increase it to four sets.
4. Seated Leg Raise:
Leg lifts are a simple yet effective exercise for targeting the outer thighs and hips. This exercise can be done sitting on a chair, bench or mediball. Here are the steps to perform seated leg raise exercise:
How to Perform Leg Raise:
- Sit comfortably on a bench, chair or a mediball with knees resting at a 90-degree angle and feet firmly on the floor.
- Rest your hands on your side and lift both your legs.
- Try holding this position for about 15-20 seconds and breathe normally.
- Lower your legs, coming back to the original position.
- Once you get comfortable with this exercise, hold your legs in the air for at least 30-40 seconds.
- Just make sure that your back always remains straight.
5. One Side Leg Lifts:
One side leg lifts are a simple and effective exercise to tone and shape your outer thighs and hips. It is done lying down side ways on exercise mat. Here are the steps to perform one side leg lifts exercise:
How to Perform One Side Leg Lifts:
- Lie down on an exercise mat, on your side.
- Keep your legs stacked, with one on top of the other.
- Place one hand under your head, and keep the other stretched by your side, on top of your legs.
- Now slowly lift the leg that is on the top. Keep stretching it as far as possible and hold the position for 5-8 counts.
- Slowly come back to the original position.
- Repeat this at least 5 times before moving on to the other side.
To increase the difficulty level in this one, you can lift both the legs instead of one. As the first leg reaches a comfortable position, lift the second one to meet it mid-air. If you are going for a double leg lift, then keep your one hand under your head, and the other one on the floor in front of you to manage your body weight better.
6. Superman Leg Raise:
This is an effective exercise to strengthen your hips and back.
How to Perform Superman Leg Raise:
- Spread a mat on the floor and get on all your fours with weight evenly balanced between your hands and knees to avoid any injury.
- Raise your left leg behind you, till it is parallel to the ground. Make sure you don’t bend your elbow while stretching your leg.
- Hold this position till a count of 5 seconds and then get back to the original position.
- Repeat with right leg to complete one rep.
- Do at least 4 reps in one set and gradually increase the number of sets to 4.
if you are looking to decrease the weight from hips and thighs, then you can incorporate these 6 best exercises to lose weight from hips and thighs in your daily training regimen. Not only that you should look for maintaining a healthy diet avoiding everything fatty and carb-rich foods which add to your body weight. Add in your diet fishes with omega-fatty acids present to decrease fat deposit around your hips. Keep in mind that these 6 best exercises to lose weight from hips and thighs will also get your hips and thighs stronger, flexible and toned. Start your fitness journey with these 6 best exercises which are easy and effective.
You May Like To Read More:
- 6 Vital Nutrients for Human Body
- Red Light Therapy Before and After A Comprehensive Idea
- Cradle Cap in Adults causes Treatment
- 16 Powerful Ayurvedic Herbs
- Thyroid Causes Symptoms Treatment