Almost everyone desires soft and pink lips and for this purpose we rely on expensive cosmetic. Soft and pink lips not only exhibit your good health but also it adds an extra charm to your appearance. Instead of relying on expensive cosmetic products, it is wise to incorporate some natural home remedies to make soft and pink lips. In this article we look into some effective home remedies to make soft and pink lips without looking for expensive cosmetics.
Causes of Dark Lips:
1. Excessive Sun Exposure:
A major contributing factor for dark lips is too much sun exposure. Your lips can burn from the sun just like the rest of your body’s skin. UV radiation can cause pigmentation changes over time, giving your lips a darker appearance.
Smoking is bad for your general health as well as the appearance of your lips. While smoking, the substances in tobacco can darken and discolor your lips.
Dehydration is another factor that can contribute to dark lips. Due to dehydration your lips become dry, cracked and loses the softness and rosy feeling. Use of natural lips balm and enough hydration can help avoid this problem.
4. Harsh Lips Cosmetics:
Certain lip cosmetics, especially made of low-ingredients and unapproved chemicals or expired products can lead to lip discoloration. Always check the ingredients used in your lip cosmetics.
Lip darkening might be the result of poor life-style, such as drinking too much alcohol or caffeine. These things can make you feel dehydrated and change the color of your lips.
6. Lack of Iron:
Iron deficiency or anemia can be one of the reasons for dark lips. If you feel this any sign or symptoms of Iron deficiency, consult with a healthcare expert.
Here are the 6 Home Remedies to Make Soft and Pink Lips.
1. Olive Oil and Sugar Scrub:
Your lips need to be exfoliated in order to reveal the soft, pink layer under the dead skin cells. To do this you need sugar and olive oil or honey mixture to exfoliate your lips.
How to use:
- Take a pinch of sugar in a bowl and add few drops of olive oil.
- Mix it properly.
- Gently rub the mixture on your lips for 1 minute. Rinse it off with cold water.
- To prevent dryness apply lip balm.
This is one of the best remedy to exfoliate your lips, make your lips pink and remove dry chapped lips. Do this every alternate day to make your lips appear smooth and soft.
2. Aloe Vera Gel:
Aloe vera gel is known for its soothing and moisturizing properties, making it ideal for dry chapped lips. Aloe vera gel is a potent moisturizer that helps to hydrate your lips’ skin. When applied to the lips, it creates a protective barrier that blocks in moisture, keeping your lips soft and pink.
How to use:
- Scoop out the gel with a spoon from the aloe vera leaf.
- Using your fingertips, apply aloe vera gel to your lips.
- Message the gel gently to your lips.
- Leave it on your lips 20-25 minutes to get best result.
- You can either rinse it off with lukewarm water or wipe it away with a damp cloth.
This provides a natural protection to your lips and makes your lips pinkish red, smooth and beautiful.
3. Use of Beetroot Juice:
Beetroot is rich in natural exfoliants like alpha hydroxy acids. These properties in beetroot help to remove dead skin cells from your lips and provide the softer, pinker skin on your lips.
How to use:
- Mix beetroot juice with sugar to create a natural lip scrub.
- Gently massage this scrub onto your lips in a circular motion. Leave it for few minutes and then wash it off.
- You can create beetroot lip balm by mixing beetroot juice with coconut oil and beeswax. Apply this regularly.
4 Honey and Almond Oil Message:
A Mixture of honey and almond oil can hydrate your lips and improve your lips skin texture.
How to use:
- Combine a few drops of honey and almond oil equally.
- Take the mixture on your fingertips.
- Slowly massage on the lips in a circular motion.
- Massage for 5 minutes and then wash your lips with lukewarm water.
Honey acts as an excellent natural moisturizer. It soothes and maintains the pinkness of your lips.
5 Pomegranate Seeds:
Your lips can be moisturized and exfoliated using pomegranate seeds, leaving them soft and rosy feeling.
How to use:
- Crush some pomegranate seeds and make smooth paste or you can make juice of the pomegranate seeds.
- Apply the paste n your lips and leave it for 10-15 minutes. You can also dip a cotton ball into this juice and rub on your lips.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Pomegranate has natural bleaching properties that lighten and redden your dark lips dramatically.
6. Stay Hydrated:
Drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep your body and lips skin hydrated. Dehydration is a common cause of dark lips. Due to lack of proper hydration, your lips can become dry, cracked and darker in color. Drinking enough water and using lips balms can help to prevent dryness and roughness from lips and make it soft and pink.
We often rush towards the expensive cosmetics to soft and pink lips. But it is not necessary to use costly products from the market for getting soft and pink lips. These natural 6 home remedies to make soft and pink lips are very much effective and cost-friendly without any side effects. You can have soft, pink lips if you add this to your beauty regime and apply on a regular basis.
You May Like Read More:
- Ultimate guide to buy UV Protection Sunglass
- How to Take Care of Wounds at Home
- 7 Tips to Take Care of Indoor Plants
- Ultimate Guide to Best diet for Diabetes
- Vitamin D Deficiency Sources and Side Effects